Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch

Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch

My rating: 3½ of 5 stars (7/10)
Read: 14-2-11 to 23-2-11

This is just a really fun book. It's rather clever, the premise is good and its a rollicking good adventure. It's not great literature, but it's well worth going along for the ride.

The prose isn't perfect - I do wish Mr Aaronovitch had used a few more semicolons and a few less commas for one thing - but it's easily readible and the narrator's voice is good. Peter is snarky and a bit rude and a lot of fun to hang around with.

Aaronovitch, Ben - Peter Grant 01 - Rivers of LondonIf the blurb sounds like something you might enjoy, go on, give it a go.

This book was published in the UK with a much nicer title and cover. There it’s Rivers of London and the cover is much cooler in my opinion. Why do publishers do this? It just adds confusion. So depending on where you live, you might need to look for that title.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Marg said...

I have this on request at the library at the moment. I am hoping for the Rivers of London title!

Xine said...

I read his 3 books on my Kobo earlier this year, after Lois McMaster Bujold recommended them. Great fun. Looking forward to the next one in the series.